Wednesday, June 23, 2010
1. What is the greatest number of parks and monuments visited in one day?
***Arches, Mesa Verde, Four Corners and Bryce Canyon (technicality… we were on the premises)
2. Which animal(s) did we almost hit at 60 mph in Utah?
***The thing leaped from a ditch and came within a foot from being road kill.
3. In which states did we NOT get pulled over?
e. none of the above (pulled over in all three: Alabama, Louisiana and Arizona)
***Note to all out of state drivers: be paranoid. Be very, very paranoid.
4. What is the correct number of consecutive drinking hours in Nashville?
***Hey… at least it wasn’t 16!
5. What is the greatest stretch of days without a shower?
***So disgusting, I know…
6. What is our favorite stretch of road?
e. all of the above
***Don’t travel on interstates… you’ll miss the country.
7. Which rivers did we almost raft? (Had gear on and ready to go…)
d. Nolichucky and Arkansas
***Stories for another day.
8. Which tree did we not see on our trip?
***Anyone know where to find a Birch tree?
9. What was the most unique instrument we saw being played?
e. all of the above (washtub, hand saw, washboard and accordion)
10. How many states (by the end) will we have gone through?
***New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, Nevada and California. (21 if you count New York!)